Life is busy, so I will get right
to it!
Molly turned 7, Ashley turned 4 and
they both got taller, smarter and sassier. I said goodbye to my 20s with
barely a thought since the months of March and April always go by in a whirl.
(It goes Ashley's birthday, then mine, then Molly's, two uncles, with each
respective birthday having a "Friend party" and "Family
party", General Conference and Easter, with their respective celebrations
as well).
We planned and ran a rally down at the Capitol, met
with top officials afterward, made some noise for foster parents' rights for a little while, ran
a fundraiser which turned out to be way more work than I ever
thought it would be, but glad I got the chance to do it. I decided to take a
step back from advocating and give 120% of myself to my family instead of
whatever was left-over. The system will always be there to help, but my kids
only have one childhood and don't want to mess up too badly with them.
Dan finished off his 7th year teaching
special education to high school students and perfected his craft even more.
He's awesome. He never stops giving of himself and is still patient and kind
when I am overwhelmed and cranky with all of my obligations.
Molly is still timid, shy, smart, kind
and insightful. I wish she wasn’t so sensitive and
serious sometimes, but I am learning to love my kids for who they are instead of what
would be easiest for me to parent. She is very forgiving of others which is a
great thing since she has me and Ashley to deal with every day. Right now, she
is really into coloring, writing plays and reading books. I told her she
should consider being a screen-writer or movie animator. She just recently
wrote a short play that was very imaginative and sweet, along with acting it
out with Ashley and Dan's little cousin. We are starting at a brand new
school this next year. We are not sure if we will like it, but I guess only
time will tell, so why not give it a shot?!
Ashley is still a
spit-fire. She says what she thinks and half the time I am worried about what
will come out of that little mouth of hers. She talks to anyone who will
listen. She has a solution to every problem. I told her she should be a
lawyer, but she was very adamant that she didn't want to be one. She said
she wants to be a mom. I told her she could be both, so she is currently
considering that. She is very observant of others’ needs and does nice things
when she notices they should be done. She has a memory like no other. She can
recall anything you ask her, in detail and bring up past events or
circumstances that you would never give a second thought to. Playing the card
game Memory with her is suicide. I
sometimes manage to get one to three pairs before she takes over the game! She
has a mean streak in her though and enjoys taunting Molly, so we are constantly
working on that. Molly is very sensitive and serious, so it’s a very delicate
balance when dealing with these types of personalities together.
Molly and Ashley are
pure , 24/7 entertainment for Emily. They are naturals with her and I am chop
liver next to them. I don't know what I will do when summer is over. Emily will
be so bored with just me.
Emily is the sweetest,
happiest baby around. You just look at her and she smiles. She brings
a sweetness to our family we never knew was missing. She is our easiest baby
(or maybe we just finally got the hang of it!) Either way, it is way easier in
many ways with her, but at the same time the sheer reality of having three kids is
exhausting. I never stop until I fall into bed at night! My house has only been
tidy a couple times over the last 8 months and those were times that we had
guests staying in our home. I definitely am honing in on the re-definition of
what "Clean" means to me. Emily loves the vacuum. When she sees it, she starts
panting and waving her arms. She loves watching any sport and if you change the
channel, she gets mad. Dan loves it because she will fall asleep at night, on
his lap watching sports with him. It's super sweet. She claps, dances to David Archuletta "Sweet Caroline" and "Nunca Pense." If she's crying, all we have to do is turn on those songs and she's golden.
We also just celebrated our 10 year anniversary. Go us! Life is hard. Life is good. Life is happening somewhere in the middle of all this chaos, right? We are very blessed to know this is but a moment in time, and how we handle everything is truly shaping us into what Heavenly Father wants us to be!
There you have it. Our last 5 months in a few paragraphs. I will let the pictures tell the rest, because this mom is tired. Thanks for catching up on our simple life.
Seek for understanding before seeking to be understood.
Seek for understanding before seeking to be understood.
Ashley was on her first soccer team and loved it, and below, Dan is sewing up Ashley's favorite monkey.
Ashley requested a "Trophy Cake" for her birthday. I had no idea what that was, so I searched around town until I found a Unicorn (she loves those) that could also pass as a trophy...I thought the cake was completely weird and awkward, but she loved it!
I had a meeting with Senator Nancy Barto and Emily, of course, tagged along.
Molly's First Grade Teacher, Mr. Hewitt
How it usually turns out playing "Memory" with Ashley. She is proudly displaying all of her matching pairs and my measly four pairs. (This is me really, really trying)
This picture below was right after I got a text from my sister asking how I was doing. It was also at the same time my baby woke up from her nap hungry and I had to be out of the house in 15 minutes to be somewhere. My reply to the text was, "Great! How are you?" That's being a mom. We do it all. Every. Minute. Of. The. Day....even though many will never hear of it.
Dan was pretending to be the prince saving the princess in the tower. He slayed the dragon (Ashley) to do so.
The play area at Sea World was super fun and memorable with the kids.
Makutu's Island. We learned to call ahead before we go. The day we went two schools were there!
We started experimenting with headband-making.
First popsicle.
I LOVE baseball and love being able to go see it live.
My favorite part of the last nursing of the day, in the evening- I get to watch the D-backs' games without interruptions.
Summer fun will do this to a kid that never naps.
Emily's "Scrunch Face." She starts huffing and puffing and makes this face when she's really happy.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.